All students enrolled in Math 6, Math 7, and Math 8 are following a new math series through Carnegie Learning. You can learn more about it here.
Within the book, Carnegie offers a family guide undera each chapter for parents/guardians to help students with their math work. Here are directions for your students to access those guides:
Instructions for students to access Family Guides and textbook pages in Carnegie Math:
- Log in to Carnegie Learning.
- In the dropdown menu, select your course that reads Student Edition (not Skills Practice). Click Go. You will be taken to your MSMS Course.
- Under Overview, select the Module that your class is currently in.
- Under the Module, Topics will appear. (Note that Topic 1 is automatically selected. You do not need to select it again. Clicking it again collapses the menu.)
- When you choose a Topic, it will look like nothing happens. The page doesn't refresh. But scroll down! The material is there!
For accessing Family Guides:
- Scroll down under the Topic name. (Topic = book chapter)
- You should see an icon that reads Family Guide.
- Click on this icon, and a PDF with the Topic's guide should appear.
For accessing book pages:
- Scroll down to the bottom until you see Lesson Resources.
- Click the Lesson that you're class is working on, and the PDF will appear.
- Click the print image in the upper right corner.